I havent tried these yet. This recipe seems to be simple enough. I got this recipe out of a magazine years ago.I think it is a pillsbury recipe.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups pumpkin or 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Set aside nuts and raisins, then combine the rest of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat at a low speed until mixture is moist, then beat for an additional 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Stir in nuts and raisins with a spoon.
- Pour mixture into a greased 15x10x1 baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until done.
- Let cool.
- To make frosting combine all the frosting ingredients into a bowl and mix until well blended and smooth.
- Frost bars when they have completely cooled.
- Once bars have been frosted keep refridgerated.