Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are really moist cake like bars. You can omit the raisins, or replace them with walnuts or chocolate chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup raisins
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Grease 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch baking sheet.
- Stir first 8 ingredients in large bowl to blend.
- Add pumpkin, eggs and oil and beat until blended.
- Mix in raisins.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Cool in pan on rack.
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and butter in medium bowl to blend.
- Spread frosting over cake in thin layer.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Refrigerate until cold, then cover and keep refrigerated.) Cut cake into bars and serve.
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature.
- 1 cup powdered sugar.
- 1/3 cup butter, room temperature.