Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Great breakfest treat, or any time. Pretty darn good and easy to make.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 9x5 loaf pan.
- Combine flour, pumpkin, brown sugar, butter, eggs, spice, baking soda, salt, and baking powder in large mixing bowl.
- Mix at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Glaze: Mix powdered sugar, cimmamon, and milk until well blended.
- Drizzle on top of Pumpkin bread.
- Can be sreved warm or cold.
My family LOVED this bread! I had made home made pumpkin puree and was looking for a good Quick Bread to make with it. THIS WAS IT! So instead of canned pumpkin I used the homemade puree and I added 1/4 C chopped walnuts to the recipe and topped the bread with another 1/4 C walnuts after I drizzled the yummy glaze. Delicious!! We will be adding this to our family recipe book! Thank you for sharing!