Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Pumpkin pie, but in a bread!
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin puree or 2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 12 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup fromage blanc
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornflour
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- Stir together pumpkin, milk, sour cream, eggs and vanilla until blended.
- Mix in raisins, cranberries and spices.
- Add corn flour and blend well.
- Mix salt and baking powder with all-purpose flour, then blend into the rest of the batter.
- Stir until all ingredients are moistened.
- Pour into two lightly greased loaf pans (or silicone pans that have been moistened with a little water) and place in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes or until tester in center comes out dry.
- If using silicone molds, let cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from the pans.
Delicious and easy to make. It was a fun project with my five-year-old son, and guests loved it. I omitted the nuts, raisins, and berries to keep it simple. Next time I make it just for my family, I will include the nuts, though. Thanks for sharing.