Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A fall twist on the classic chocolate-peanut butter treat.
- 1 1⁄4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (or chocolate of your choice)
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 -4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (amount depends on your taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 cups Rice Chex or 9 cups Corn Chex
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a large double boiler melt the coconut oil, chocolate chips, and peanut butter. Mix well and then fold in the pumpkin puree until smooth. Add the vanilla and 2 teaspoons of the pumpkin pie spice. At this point I recommend tasting the mixture. If you still want it more-spiced add the additional spice a little at a time until it has the flavor you want.
- Take the top bowl/pot off the double boiler and carefully fold in the cereal, 1 cup at a time. Once all of the cereal is coated transfer to a 2 gallon zip-top bag. Add half of the powdered sugar to the bag, seal, and shake to coat. Let the cereal cool for about 15-20 minutes and then repeat with the remainder of the powdered sugar.