Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's a variation of a pie filling that I tweeked because I was too lazy to make or use a premade pie crust! Got a lot of complements on it over the winter holidays!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk, cold
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 cups milk, cold
- 4 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (NOT pie filling)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In large bowl, with wire whisk or electric beater, combine first 3 ingredients, mixing until well blended.
- Carefully stir in thawed Cool Whip & set aside.
- Whisk together 2 cups milk & pudding mix [it will be stiff].
- To pudding mixture add pumpkin & spices, mixing until well blended.
- Add pumpkin mixture to cream cheese mixture, mixing until well blended.
ohmygosh, was this a hit at Thanksgiving! It easily served 11 of us and a few, I think, even had seconds.
This was a great recipe! I agree that a little goes a very long way and this could serve more than 12. Even my boyfriend, who ate three helpings of Thanksgiving dinner could only manage 1/2 cup serving. Next time, I think I'll add a little nutmeg.
This is an awesome and quick dessert to put together in no-time. And, it's really rich, so you don't need alot to feed many. I cut the recipe in 1/2 and still had enough for our family of MEN. My son has been asking me to make pumpkin pie (I don't do pies) and so this was a quick alternative. I"m glad I made this for 123Hits'. Thanks for a winner SydMike.!