Recipe by SouthernBell2627
This recipe is from the "Eating Well" magazine, February/March 2006. This would be an excellent dish for Thanksgiving. If you love pumpkin pie...you will absolutely love this dish. Delicious!
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 2 cups milk
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat pumpkin and eggs in a large saucepan. Combine cornstarch, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cardamom in a medium bowl and stir into the pumpkin mixture.
- Add milk and juice.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking continuously, until pudding is very thick.
- Reduce heat and whisk pudding a few seconds to remove any lumps.
- Divide among 8 dessert bowls.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate about 2 hours.