Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yummy, spicy cake with chopped prunes is also good for you!
Make and share this Pumpkin Prune Cake recipe from Food.com.
- In a bowl, cream margarine with sugar.
- Beat in the egg, then pumpkin and milk.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt and spices.
- Beat dry mix into the pumpkin mixture, and then stir in the prunes.
- Turn batter into greased and floured 8" square baking pan.
- Bake at 375 for 35 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
I thought this would probably be pretty good...you know, fair to modereate...but it really surprised me at how good it is! The prunes and pumpkin compliment each other wonderfully and it has just enough spice to have a nice flavor but not taste like gingerbread or spice cake. It is very tender- which is nice considering the amount of butter is so small. I made a couple subs- I used Sucanat rather than sugar, organic butter rather than margarine, soymilk instead of milk and whole wheat pastry flour instead of flour. Turned out great. BF and I ate the whole thing in 2 days- great breakfast or midnight snack, I can tell you that for a fact. ;) I didn't ice this, but I think it would be tasty that way as well. Thanks!