Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These protein bars are super moist and yummy, plus they are good for you! I took an Alton Brown recipe and altered it a bit. Guilt free snacking!
- 4 ounces vanilla protein powder
- 2 1⁄4 ounces oat bran
- 2 3⁄4 ounces whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 ounce toasted wheat germ
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 8 ounces soft silken tofu
- 7 1⁄2 ounces canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 large eggs
- Mix together protein powder, oat bran, wheat flour, wheat germ and salt. In a separate large bowl mix together: sugar, tofu, pumpkin, applesauce, apple juice, eggs, and cinnamon.
- Thoroughly combine the two mixtures. Mix in some dried fruit if you wish. I like craisins.
- Spread batter into a well greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Bake for 35 minutes at 350°F
- Cool completely and cut into 16 squares. Keep refrigerated. Enjoy!