Recipe by MarieRynr
This is quite an old recipe, but like all older recipes it is quite simple, uncomplicated and delicious.
Top Review by Elly in Canada
DH loves pumpkin preserves and made some in the autumn. This recipe is just like one my Mum and Grannie made. We added a diced orange and the lemon to the saucepan as we like the 'chunks' of peel. DH loves cloves and adds one to each jar! This is a great old recipe and makes a tasty preserve, great with toast or on biscuits.
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer pumpkin with sugar in a large bowl.
- Cover and let stand overnight, stirring once or twice.
- Next day, drain juice off of pumpkin into saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 10 minutes.
- Add pumpkin pieces, grated rind and chopped pulp of the lemon.
- Add cloves (tied in a cheesecloth bag).
- Cook on a slow boil for 40 minutes, or until pumpkin is clear and the mixture sheets from a spoon.
- Remove the cloves and pour into hot sterile jars.