1/2 Photos of Pumpkin Preserves
24 hrs 50 mins
This is quite an old recipe, but like all older recipes it is quite simple, uncomplicated and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Layer pumpkin with sugar in a large bowl.
- 2Cover and let stand overnight, stirring once or twice.
- 3Next day, drain juice off of pumpkin into saucepan.
- 4Bring to a boil and boil for 10 minutes.
- 5Add pumpkin pieces, grated rind and chopped pulp of the lemon.
- 6Add cloves (tied in a cheesecloth bag).
- 7Cook on a slow boil for 40 minutes, or until pumpkin is clear and the mixture sheets from a spoon.
- 8Remove the cloves and pour into hot sterile jars.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Preserves
Serving Size: 1 (1786 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 839.7
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 217.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 202.9 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: