Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe sounds intriguing and just right for the fall season. I clipped it from a magazine. I haven't made it, but would love to hear feedback. I am thinking that some diced candied ginger would add to the flavour. NOTE: Prep time does not include time it takes to prepare jars. It is an estimation of the time needed to peel & cube the pumpkin.
- 12 cups pumpkin, peeled & diced 1/2-inch
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Combine pumpkin & sugar in a large pot and let sit for 30 minutes.
- In a small pot, combine lemon & water. Bring to a boil, then lower heat & simmer until tender (10-15 minutes). Drain.
- Cook pumpkin and sugar over low heat until sugar dissolves (7-10 minutes).
- Bring to a boil and continue to boil until the fruit is transparent and syrup is thick (10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in the lemon. Stir for 5 minutes, skimming foam from surface.
- Pour into hot, sterilized jars & seal.