With fall just around the corner, this is a perfect pumpkin dessert!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups cooked pumpkin or 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1In a heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and cream.
- 2Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- 3Pour into two well-greased 9-in round cake pans.
- 4Sprinkle with pecans, cool.
- 5In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar and oil.
- 6Add pumpkin and vanilla.
- 7Combine dry ingredients; add to pumpkin mixture and beat until just blended.
- 8Carefully spoon over brown sugar mixture in pans.
- 9Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 10Cool for 5 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 11Place one cake layer, praline side up, on a serving plate.
- 12In a mixing bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form.
- 13Beat in sugar and vailla.
- 14Spread two-thirds over first cake layer.
- 15Top with second layer and remaining whipped cream.
- 16Sprinkle with additional pecans if desired.
- 17Store in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Praline Torte
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 661.7
- Calories from Fat 398
- Total Fat 44.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 128.2 mg
- Sodium 447.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 44.3 g
- Protein 5.9 g