Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
these are moist, cakey and sweet muffins...what's not to like?
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour, unbleached
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup pecans, coarse chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup pumpkin, from solid pack can
- 1⁄2 cup dark molasses, unsulphured
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Line 12 muffins cups with paper liners, or lightly butter 12 muffin cups or spray with non stick spray.set aside.
- Cream the butter, flour and brown sugar together in a small bowl, till smooth --
- Blend in the pecans, set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt and cloves in a large bowl; stir until well blended. Add the brown sugar and stir to blend.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, molasses, egg and vanilla until smooth. Add to the dry ingredients all at once and fold just until evenly moistened. Do not overmix.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Press 1 tbls of the reserved praline topping onto the tops of each muffins.
- Bake until the edges begin to pull away from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean.20-22 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack before removing from the pan.