2 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
In 'The Greyston Bakery Cookbook'
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup pecans, ground
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1Position the rack in the center of the oven; preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Line baking sheet with foil and lightly grease it.
- 3In a heavy medium saucepan, stir the sugar and salt over medium heat until the sugar melts and the mixture comes to a boil.
- 4Boil 1 minute without stirring.
- 5Mix in the pecans and remove from the heat.
- 6Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
- 7Bake for 8 minutes, or until the mixture bubbles vigorously.
- 8Remove from the oven and allow the praline to cool completely on the baking sheet.
- 9Break the praline into 1/2-inch pieces and set aside (this can be done 1 day ahead); store in an airtight container.
- 10Crust-in a bowl, mix the pecans, graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter until the crumbs are evenly moistened.
- 11Press the mixture onto the bottom and two-thirds of the way up the sides of a 10-inch round springform pan.
- 12Bake for 10 minutes at 350°.
- 13Remove from the oven and let cool.
- 14Decrease the oven temperature to 325°.
- 15In the bowel of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until fluffy.
- 16Gradually add the sugar and salt, beating until combined.
- 17Add the pumpkin, cinnamon, and allspice, beating until well blended.
- 18Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 19Add the cream and beat until the mixture is completely blended.
- 20Pour the mixture into the cooled crust.
- 21Place springform pan in a roasting pan filled with enough hot water to come halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- 22Bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until the filling is puffy and golden on top but still jiggles slightly when gently shaken.
- 23Remove the springform pan from the water and set it on a wire rack to cool for at least 1 hour.
- 24Refrigerate at least 6 hours before serving.
- 25Let the cake stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.
- 26The cake will keep, covered and refrigerated, fur up to 3 days.
- 27Just before serving, evenly scatter the reserved praline pieces over the top of the cake.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.9
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 98.2 mg
- Sodium 251.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 22.1 g
- Protein 5.4 g