Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
In 'The Greyston Bakery Cookbook'
Make and share this Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- salt, a pinch
- 2⁄3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup pecans, ground
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- Position the rack in the center of the oven; preheat oven to 350°.
- Line baking sheet with foil and lightly grease it.
- In a heavy medium saucepan, stir the sugar and salt over medium heat until the sugar melts and the mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil 1 minute without stirring.
- Mix in the pecans and remove from the heat.
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until the mixture bubbles vigorously.
- Remove from the oven and allow the praline to cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Break the praline into 1/2-inch pieces and set aside (this can be done 1 day ahead); store in an airtight container.
- Crust-in a bowl, mix the pecans, graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter until the crumbs are evenly moistened.
- Press the mixture onto the bottom and two-thirds of the way up the sides of a 10-inch round springform pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350°.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Decrease the oven temperature to 325°.
- In the bowel of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until fluffy.
- Gradually add the sugar and salt, beating until combined.
- Add the pumpkin, cinnamon, and allspice, beating until well blended.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the cream and beat until the mixture is completely blended.
- Pour the mixture into the cooled crust.
- Place springform pan in a roasting pan filled with enough hot water to come halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until the filling is puffy and golden on top but still jiggles slightly when gently shaken.
- Remove the springform pan from the water and set it on a wire rack to cool for at least 1 hour.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours before serving.
- Let the cake stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.
- The cake will keep, covered and refrigerated, fur up to 3 days.
- Just before serving, evenly scatter the reserved praline pieces over the top of the cake.