Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Better Crocker recipe - AWESOME!!!
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Heat brown sugar, butter and cream in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally until butter is melted.
- Pour into ungreased 9x13-inch pan.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, nutmeg, and cloves. Set aside.
- Beat sugar, oil, eggs, and pumpkin in large bowl on medium speed for 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Carefully spoon batter over pecan mixture.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then place heatproof serving tray upside down onto pan; turn tray and pan over.
- Let pan remain over cake for few minutes.
- Cool completely.
I believe I origanlly found this recipe in a Land O'Lakes cookbook. It is a nice alternative to pumpkin pie. This is usually what I make for my office potluck during the holidays. The recipe is always widely requested.