Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
This cake is perfect for fall. As it bakes, the aroma fills the house with a spicy scent.
Top Review by 'Lil Southern Belle
I made this yesterday for dessert for a dinner with my husband and parents. EVERYONE loved it...and everyone had a piece before dinner was done cooking! The only thing I did different was add 1/2 tsp. of ginger. EVERYONE loved how dense and moist it was! I even (dare I admit) licked the beaters!!! This was delicious and way easy to make. I mentioned at the table that I thought it would be nice to experiment and add some chopped apples and walnuts next time to which my dad agreed. This is an EXCELLENT way to kick off fall, and a treat to be enjoyed to the max!
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, blend sugar and oil.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves; add to egg mixture alternately with pumpkin.
- Transfer to a greased 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350 for 60-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack.
- Remove pan and cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Yield: 12-16 servings.