Kelly M.'s Note:
Pumpkin and spice add a great flavor to pork sausage and potatoes. Delicious! Great as a main dish or a first course. Serve with good crusty bread. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb mild pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, small dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3 (42 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups potatoes, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces (about 6 small potatoes or 4 medium)
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1In large skillet, brown sausage until cooked through.
- 2Drain fat.
- 3Meanwhile, melt butter in soup pot.
- 4Add onion and celery, saute over medium heat while sausage is cooking.
- 5Add browned sausage to soup pot.
- 6Mix with onion and celery and saute for about 2 minutes.
- 7Add garlic, saute for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- 8Add pumpkin, chicken broth, cumin, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 9Stir until smooth and well blended.
- 10Add potatoes.
- 11Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer.
- 12Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 13Warm evaporated milk.
- 14Add to soup and mix through.
- 15Serve hot with crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin, Pork and Potato Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (876 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 693.7
- Calories from Fat 370
- Total Fat 41.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 98.4 mg
- Sodium 1067.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 41.2 g