1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Polenta With Chorizo and Black Beans
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 340.19 g chorizo sausage, casing removed, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 roasted red peppers, chopped
- 709.77 ml chicken stock
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 396.89 g can pumpkin puree
- 236.59 ml quick-cooking polenta
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh thyme
- fresh ground black pepper
- 236.59 ml shredded manchego cheese or 236.59 ml sharp cheddar cheese or 236.59 ml smoked cheddar cheese
- 59.14 ml fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1Heat a medium nonstick skillet over med-high heat; add in olive oil and chorizo; cook for a minute or two, then add in the onions; cook 3-4 minutes.
- 2Add in the black beans and red peppers; heat through for another minute or two.
- 3In a big saucepan, bring the chicken stock and butter to a boil; stir in the pumpkin.
- 4Add the polenta and stir until it masses (about 2 minutes).
- 5Remove pan from heat; add in thyme, salt, pepper, and cheese; stir to combine and adjust seasoning to taste.
- 6Pour or spoon the polenta onto plates; top with chorizo and beans; garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Polenta With Chorizo and Black Beans
Serving Size: 1 (484 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 673.3
- Calories from Fat 399
- Total Fat 44.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 95.5 mg
- Sodium 1313.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 33.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers