Recipe by Jacquie-O So Good Recipes
This is a CORE recipe: "The grainy texture of polenta and the marriage of flavours of pumpkin and sweet spices create a unique versatile loaf. Can also be made with sweet potato instead of pumpkin. Serve warm or cold with savoury or sweet dishes." You can also make muffins. Check for doneness, 20-30 minutes depending on size (makes about 18 regular sized muffins). I believe these are about 2 points per muffin. If you want Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins/Cake add 5 TBSP of cocoa powder and omit pumpkin pie spices
- 2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (or 2 Tablespoons applesauce or just skip it!)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Splenda granular, adjust to your taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 t ginger, 1/2 t allspice, 1/4 t nutmeg)
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt or 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 cups cornmeal
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish. In a blender or food processor, blend pumpkin, oil, and eggs. Mix in the sweetener, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice (optional cocoa powder). Blend until smooth, and transfer to a medium bowl. Mix yogurt (milk) and polenta into the pumpkin mixture. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool slightly before slicing.