Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adding sweet potato and peanut butter makes this soup something a bit different. Adapted from Alison Holst's 'Meals Without Red Meat'. Alison's recipe calls for kumara, I just prefer orange sweet potato myself.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 250 g roughly cubed sweet potatoes
- 250 g roughly cubed pumpkin
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons vegetable stock powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Melt butter, add the chopped onion and garlic, saute gently.
- Stir in the curry powder, coriander, chilli powder (I omit this when cooking for kids), and salt. Cook 1 minute.
- Add vegetables, don't use more sweet potato than pumpkin as soup will be TOO sweet.
- Add the water and stock, simmer gently for 20-25 minutes or until veges are tender, then stir in the peanut butter.
- Use a stick blender to puree the soup, or mash it for a chunkier texture.