Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
From a holiday ad in Good Housekeeping (Nov 2003)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 (14 ounce) package pumpkin, quick bread & muffin mix
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, shelled and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon rum
- In small bowl, soak raisins in 2 tablespoons rum for 30 minutes.
- Drain off rum into 1-cup measuring cup.
- Add enough water to make 1 cup liquid.
- Set aside for bread batter.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Grease and flour bottoms only of three 5x3-inch foil loaf pans.
- In large bowl, combine quick bread and pistachios.
- Pour batter evenly into greased and floured pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- MEANWHILE,in small saucepan, combine sugar, 2 tablespoons water, and the butter.
- Bring to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- Boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in 1 tablespoon rum.
- Poke surface of loaves with toothpick.
- Brush top of each loaf with glaze.
- Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap with fun holiday colors.
- Store in refrigerator.