"Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"'s Note:
I love Cannoli's! The best are from the North End of Boston at Mike's Pastry. Here is a Cannoli recipe for the fall or Thanksgiving!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, stir together the marscapone cheese, powdered sugar, pumpkin, ricotta cheese, and pumpkin pie spice until smooth. Stir in 1/4 cup of the toasted nuts. Set aside.
- 2In a chilled mixing bowl, beat cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold into pumpkin mixture. If desired, cover and chill up to 4 hours.
- 3To serve, spoon pumpkin mixture into a self-sealing plastic bag. Snip a 3/4-inch hole in one corner. Pipe filling into cannoli shells so pumpkin filling extends from ends. Sprinkle cannoli ends with remaining nuts.
- 4Arrange on platter and sprinkle with sugar.
- 5*If purchased cannoli shells are not available, brush one side of 16, 4-inch flour tortillas with cooking oil. Roll, forming a tube shape; secure with wooden toothpick. Gently place a rolled piece of foil in the center for support. Place on baking sheet; brush outside with oil and bake in a 375*F oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Place on wire rack to cool. Remove foil and toothpicks; fill with pumpkin mixture. Makes 16 shells (allows for breakage).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Pistachio Cannoli
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.4
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.8 mg
- Sodium 49.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: