Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A twist on plain old pumpkin bread. From a Pueblo Indian recipe.
- 354.88 ml unbleached flour
- 236.59 ml pumpkin puree (not pie mix)
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten slightly
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground nutmeg
- 2.46 ml salt
- 177.44 ml pine nuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF.
- Coat a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray (or grease pan with shortening).
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Place batter in prepared pan and bake about 1 hour, or until knife inserted in in bread comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack 10 minutes and remove from pan. Cool completely before slicing.
WONDERFUL! I made this with whole wheat flour and subbed 1/2 cup Splenda granular and 2Tbsp Splenda brown sugar blend for the sugar. This is probably the first recipe I've actually used pine nuts in because I'm not a big fan of them but I did like them in this. This turned out very soft and buttery tasting with nice spice flavors. Slices of it lasted quite awhile in a ziploc bag. Made for the Potluck tag game. Freddy Cat says thanks for the GREAT recipe mikekey!