Recipe by Miss Annie
This recipe won first place in the Vegetarian Times reader's Thanksgiving recipe contest.
Top Review by Conan Lloyd
I made these for a friends Christmas pasrt this week and they were a big hit. My kids liked being able to help fold the wontons as well. MAkes a cool and different family cooking project.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 16 packaged wonton wrappers
- granulated sugar, for dusting
- ground cinnamon, for dusting
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a medium bowl, mix pumpkin, maple syrup, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Place one wonton wrapper flat on work surface.
- Spoon 1 Tbsp.
- filling into center.
- Moisten edges of wonton with water and fold in half to form triangle.
- Press edges to seal.
- Repeat with remaining filling and wontons.
- Arrange filled wontons on ungreased baking sheet.
- Lightly coat wontons with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle each with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake until golden, about 16 minutes.
- Turn and bake 2 more minutes.
- Set baking sheet on wire rack to cool.