Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
This recipe won first place in the Vegetarian Times reader's Thanksgiving recipe contest.
Make and share this Pumpkin Pie Wontons recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 16 packaged wonton wrappers
- granulated sugar, for dusting
- ground cinnamon, for dusting
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a medium bowl, mix pumpkin, maple syrup, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Place one wonton wrapper flat on work surface.
- Spoon 1 Tbsp.
- filling into center.
- Moisten edges of wonton with water and fold in half to form triangle.
- Press edges to seal.
- Repeat with remaining filling and wontons.
- Arrange filled wontons on ungreased baking sheet.
- Lightly coat wontons with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle each with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake until golden, about 16 minutes.
- Turn and bake 2 more minutes.
- Set baking sheet on wire rack to cool.
I made these for a friends Christmas pasrt this week and they were a big hit. My kids liked being able to help fold the wontons as well. MAkes a cool and different family cooking project.
these were good. i forgot to sprinkle the top with cinnamon sugar, but, ate it with some cool whip free - so good, definitely a great way to use up those leftover wonton wrappers :-)
Very good. i followed the recipe exactly. Warm, crispy, and yummy. i did have problems with the pumpkin leaking out of the wrappers even after sealing them thoroughly. But, the taste was worth the mess!! Great right out of the oven. Thanks for posting the recipe.