1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Pie With White Chocolate Whipped Cream
1 hr 10 mins
Great for a Thanksgiving dinner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pie crust
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup somebody's mother's white chocolate sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Add cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, allspice and salt and whisk well to blend evenly. Whisk in cream, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- 3Strain the mixture through a strainer into a medium saucepan, pressing on the strainer with a spatula to push through any lumps of brown sugar.
- 4Add the pumpkin puree and whisk until the custard mixture is thoroughly blended.
- 5Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly and scraping all over the bottom of the pan to prevent the eggs from scrambling (about 7 minutes), until the mixture feels slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- 6Scrape the hot custard into the pie shell and bake for 30-40 minutes, until the custard is set (looks firm). Transfer the pie to a rack to cool completely (about 2 hours).
- 7Meanwhile, place 1 cup whipping cream into an electric mixer. Mix until whipped. Fold the whipped cream into 1/2 cup of white chocolate sauce. Refrigerate.
- 8Once the pie is cool, top the pie generously with the white chocolate whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Pie With White Chocolate Whipped Cream
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 662.6
- Calories from Fat 444
- Total Fat 49.3 g
- Saturated Fat 26.2 g
- Cholesterol 228.8 mg
- Sodium 528.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 29.1 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white chocolate sauce