Pumpkin Pie With White Chocolate Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Add cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, allspice and salt and whisk well to blend evenly. Whisk in cream, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Strain the mixture through a strainer into a medium saucepan, pressing on the strainer with a spatula to push through any lumps of brown sugar.
- Add the pumpkin puree and whisk until the custard mixture is thoroughly blended.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly and scraping all over the bottom of the pan to prevent the eggs from scrambling (about 7 minutes), until the mixture feels slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- Scrape the hot custard into the pie shell and bake for 30-40 minutes, until the custard is set (looks firm). Transfer the pie to a rack to cool completely (about 2 hours).
- Meanwhile, place 1 cup whipping cream into an electric mixer. Mix until whipped. Fold the whipped cream into 1/2 cup of white chocolate sauce. Refrigerate.
- Once the pie is cool, top the pie generously with the white chocolate whipped cream.