Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
The delicious walnut streusel topping sets this pie apart from other pumpkin pie recipes! You can adjust the spices to taste. Prep time does not include making the pie pastry. Use a deep-dish 10-inch pie plate for this.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 (10 inch) unbaked pie shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees (set oven rack to bottom position).
- To make the topping; in a bowl combine all the ingredients, then mix until crumbly; set aside.
- For the pie; in a large bowl mix together the sugars, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and ginger; add in the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk and eggs; whisk until well blended.
- Pour the mixture into unbaked pie shell; sprinkle the prepared streusel evenly over the filling.
- Bake bottom oven rack for about 35-40 minutes or until center barely jiggles when the pan is gently shaken.
- Set on a rack for about 2 hours, then cut into wedges.