Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
The topping makes it great. My family likes pumpkin pie this way. Easy to make and creamy.
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shells
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel (optional)
- sour cream, topping
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 2 teaspoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange peel (optional)
- Place rack in lowest position in oven and preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except pastry shell, mix well. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees, bake 35 to 40 minutes longer. Cool.
- Sour Cream Topping.
- Combine sour cream, sugar and vanilla or thawed orange juice concentrate and grated orange peel. After 30 minutes of baking, spread evenly over the top of pie; bake 10 minutes longer.