Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
The topping makes it great. My family likes pumpkin pie this way. Easy to make and creamy.
Make and share this Pumpkin Pie With Sour Cream Topping recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shells
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel (optional)
- sour cream, topping
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 2 teaspoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange peel (optional)
- Place rack in lowest position in oven and preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except pastry shell, mix well. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees, bake 35 to 40 minutes longer. Cool.
- Sour Cream Topping.
- Combine sour cream, sugar and vanilla or thawed orange juice concentrate and grated orange peel. After 30 minutes of baking, spread evenly over the top of pie; bake 10 minutes longer.