Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My pumpkin pie, crust, and topping are made from scratch. The pie is the perfect combination of sugar and spice, with the added streusel topping for that extra wow factor! Feel free to use canned pumpkin and any homemade crust recipe of your choice.
- 473.18 ml fresh pumpkin or 473.18 ml one canned pumpkin
- 2 egg yolks (just the yolks)
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ginger
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 2.46 ml salt
- 28.39 ml orange juice
- 177.44 ml raw pecans, toasted and chopped
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml flour
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 29.58 ml butter
- Pie Filling: Mix the pumpkin, egg yolks, milk, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoons ginger.
- 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoons salt, and orange juice all together.
- Pie Topping: In a separate bowl, mix pecans, brown sugar, flour, 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoons nutmeg and butter.
- Make sure to bake your pie crust for 10 minutes in 425 degree oven before adding the pie filling and topping.
- Once pie crust is baked for 10 minutes, add pumpkin pie filling to pie shell and bake at 400 for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 and bake another 30 minutes.
- Place pecan topping on pie and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.