This is a lighter version of a traditional favorite. The gingersnap crust adds an unexpected warmth and spice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 25 gingersnaps
- 1 1/2 tablespoons trans-fat free margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated skim milk
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup low-fat whipped cream
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Combine gingersnaps and margarine in food processor.
- 3Press into 8" pie plate, use the bottom of a glass to press crust in evenly and up sides.
- 4Bake 5-8 minutes, remove and let cool.
- 5Increase oven temperature to 425.
- 6In a large bowl, combine all filling ingredients and blend well.
- 7Pour into gingersnap crust.
- 8Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and continue baking, do NOT take pie out.
- 9Bake for another 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- 10Cool, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 11Serve pie plain or with a dollop of fat free whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Pie With Gingersnap Crust
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.2
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 1.5 mg
- Sodium 175.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
trans-fat free margarine
low-fat whipped cream