Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a lighter version of a traditional favorite. The gingersnap crust adds an unexpected warmth and spice.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine gingersnaps and margarine in food processor.
- Press into 8" pie plate, use the bottom of a glass to press crust in evenly and up sides.
- Bake 5-8 minutes, remove and let cool.
- Increase oven temperature to 425.
- In a large bowl, combine all filling ingredients and blend well.
- Pour into gingersnap crust.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and continue baking, do NOT take pie out.
- Bake for another 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve pie plain or with a dollop of fat free whipped cream.