Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Great on a crisp Autumn morning.
- 236.59 ml flour
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour
- 78.07 ml oat bran
- 44.37 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ginger
- 0.59 ml nutmeg
- 0.25 ml clove
- 1.23 ml salt
- 314.66 ml milk
- 177.44 ml pumpkin puree
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 44.37 ml honey
- 3 egg whites
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flours, oat bran, brown sugar, baking powder, spices, and salt.
- Separately, mix together milk, pumpkin, oil, and honey until smooth.
- Add pumpkin mixture to dry ingredients, mixing well.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry; gently fold into batter.
- Pour 1 1/4 cups batter onto greased waffle iron and cook until waffle is golden and cooked through.
these had a great flavor...no syrup necessary, but, the waffles wouldn't crisp. so, i tried the batter as pancakes, and the insides stayed mushy. great idea, just didn't really work for me
We made these for breakfast this morning. They were really good! I have looked all over for a pumpkin pancake recipe that I really liked to no avail...but I think I can stop now and just make pumpkin waffles when the craving hits. The flavor really does resemble that of a pumpkin pie.
Very tasty! I made these for my 21-month-old son, and he loves them. They really do taste like pumpkin pie! I used blackstrap molasses instead of honey, and they turned out just fine. These are definitely worth making again! Thanks for making a hot summer day feel a bit like autumn!