Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Great on a crisp Autumn morning.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup oat bran
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 egg whites
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flours, oat bran, brown sugar, baking powder, spices, and salt.
- Separately, mix together milk, pumpkin, oil, and honey until smooth.
- Add pumpkin mixture to dry ingredients, mixing well.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry; gently fold into batter.
- Pour 1 1/4 cups batter onto greased waffle iron and cook until waffle is golden and cooked through.
these had a great flavor...no syrup necessary, but, the waffles wouldn't crisp. so, i tried the batter as pancakes, and the insides stayed mushy. great idea, just didn't really work for me
We made these for breakfast this morning. They were really good! I have looked all over for a pumpkin pancake recipe that I really liked to no avail...but I think I can stop now and just make pumpkin waffles when the craving hits. The flavor really does resemble that of a pumpkin pie.
Very tasty! I made these for my 21-month-old son, and he loves them. They really do taste like pumpkin pie! I used blackstrap molasses instead of honey, and they turned out just fine. These are definitely worth making again! Thanks for making a hot summer day feel a bit like autumn!