Recipe by Vegan Thanksgiving!
This was adapted from another vegan pumpkin pie recipe. It won a taste-test comparison against a non-vegan pumpkin pie a few years ago. Wholly Wholesome makes a gluten-free frozen pie shell that's vegan. If you can't find it, this pie is better crustless than unmade. Organic pumpkin didn't crack like the Libby's brand did.
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin puree, organic
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated cane juice
- 1⁄4 cup sucanat
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1 (12 ounce) box extra soft silken tofu
- 9 inches pie shells (optional)