Recipe by Veggie_Boy4687
This pie is awesome, I make it every year for thanksgiving and xmas.
Top Review by Chef Tweaker
I made this but crustless last night. It actually firmed up enough to be served as a pie without the crust! In place of the pumpkin,sugar and spices, I used one can of pumpkin pie filling. I'm sure that it had less than 1 cup of sugar in it and it was still sweet enough (some might say not enough, depends on your sweet tooth.) One may want to add the sugar in increments while tasting instead of just dumping in one whole cup. If it were up to me I would stick to using the pie mix but maybe adding some more of the spices... hubby on the other hand liked it better with less spice. The reason it was not 5 stars is that the milk is missed... there is a slight soy underflavor. Perhaps we could reduce the amount of tofu? I used one 12oz carton of silken tofu.
- 10 -14 ounces firm silken tofu
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese (sometimes it's at the market, usually have to go to the health food store)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not the pie mix, i suggest libby's)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (maybe 1-1/2)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (anywhere from 1/8-1/4)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put all of the ingredients in a food processor/blender and blend until desired texture is reached.
- Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Let it cool for about 20-30 minutes.
- Serve or cover and store in refrigerator.