Prep 30 mins
Cook 14 mins
My sister sent me this recipe. I'm not sure where she got it, but it was fabulous!
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 2 cups Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package cheesecake flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Allow pie crusts to stand at room temperature 15 minutes. Roll 1 crust into a 12" circle using lightly floured rolling pin.
- Using a 2" scalloped cookie cutter, cut out 12 pastry pieces (9 from outer edge and 3 from center of pastry circle).
- Press 1 into each cup of a mini muffin tin.
- Bake 14-18 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Remove tart shells from pan to a cooling rack; cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining crust to make 24 tart shells.
- Meanwhile, combine pumpkin, whipped topping and spice blend; whisk until smooth.
- Add pudding mix; whisk until smooth and thickened. Put pumpkin filling into a ziptop bag and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Lightly sprinkle tart shells with powered sugar.
- Snip the end of the ziplock and pipe filling into tart shells.
- Top with chopped pecans if desired.