Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A tasty treat to use up the rest of the canned pumpkin pie and pumpkin pie spice we have left from Thanksgiving. It is wonderful served warm with either butter or cream cheese for breakfast or iced with cream cheese frosting for a great dessert. Not at all an overly sweet bread which is why it stands up so well to cream cheese frosting, enjoy!
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease three 8 x 3(or whatever size loaf pan you decide to use) pans and set aside.
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice and mix until well combined. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl(i like one with deep sides) combine pumpkin, sugars, water, applesauce, vegetable oil, eggs and mix until well blended.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix until smooth.
- Filling loaf pans just over halfway, divide mixture between the three pans.
- Bake at 350 for 60-70 minutes on middle rack or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.(one or two moist crumbles are fine).
- Let breads cool for 15-20 minutes before removing from pans.
- Slice while still warm and serve with butter or cream cheese or let cool completely before icing.
OH MY this is a Tasty yummy moist bread filled with flavour. I froze two loaves and for the third topped with a pumpkin pie spiced cream cheese frosting I concoted LOL Keeper recipe. Made for PAC Fall 2009
Absolutely delicious recipe! I've never made pumpkin bread, and this recipe makes me want to make up for lost time! It's so moist and flavourful... DH said to quote me, "This is _____ good!" I'll be making this one over and over. I added a cinnamon sugar sprinkle on top before baking and it added a lovely sweet crunch to it, and I also added a cup of walnuts. I got two 9x3" loaves from it. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! Made for PAC Fall 2009.