1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Pie Soup A.k.a. Pumpkin Soup
This is like a freshly baked pumpkin pie in your soup bowl. It is super easy to make and tastes great served hot or cold. I was in search of a good Pumpkin Soup, only to find that they all contained ingredients that I certainly did NOT associate with a pumpkin pie. So I made this recipe up. Hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth (about 2 cups worth)
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup granulated sugar (you may need slightly more or less depending on how tart your cider is)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon clove
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1In large pot on LOW HEAT, combine all ingredients EXCEPT whipping cream; while stirring frequently, bring to simmer.
- 2Allow to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Stir in heavy cream and return to simmer; serve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Pie Soup A.k.a. Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.2
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 108.6 mg
- Sodium 262.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 35.5 g
- Protein 4.5 g