Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is like a freshly baked pumpkin pie in your soup bowl. It is super easy to make and tastes great served hot or cold. I was in search of a good Pumpkin Soup, only to find that they all contained ingredients that I certainly did NOT associate with a pumpkin pie. So I made this recipe up. Hope you enjoy it!
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth (about 2 cups worth)
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup granulated sugar (you may need slightly more or less depending on how tart your cider is)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- In large pot on LOW HEAT, combine all ingredients EXCEPT whipping cream; while stirring frequently, bring to simmer.
- Allow to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in heavy cream and return to simmer; serve.
This is like drinking pumpkin pie! Tastes just like pie, I wanted to add a dollop of whip cream to it. I only added about 1/2 cup of sugar, which was almost too much. I didn't have the heavy cream, so I used 1/2 cup melted butter and 2 cups whole milk in place of the heavy cream. Very quick and easy recipe. Thank you for sharing!
I also cut the sugar to 1/2 a cup and found it to be plenty sweet. A fun Halloween treat!