Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Like pumpkin pie? How about a hot version for Dinner!
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups pumpkin, fresh is best
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄3 cups heavy cream
- Add chicken broth, pumpkin, honey, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice and cloves to a large pot.
- stir well.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in heavy cream.
- Mix well and let simmer 10 minutes.