Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Although I've tweaked this recipe slightly, the original was found in the 2007 cookbook, More Smoothies for Life, is full of carotenoids & fiber, & the inclusion of cinnamon helps reduce blood sugar & cholesterol levels.
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup ice cube (optional)
- 3 tablespoons artificial sweetener
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine the ingredients in a blender & puree until smooth!
- Pour into 2 tall glasses & ENJOY!
Great addition to lunch. I made as written, but left out the ice cubes. Did add whipped cream. Made for Holiday Tag.
Delicious healthy pumpkin smoothie that truly tastes like its namesake a pumpkin pie in a glass. My DH's only negative comment was, "Needs whipped cream!" Made for Veg 'N Swap Nov. 2009.
I used half & half instead of evaporated milk. Very tasty but as a personal preference I would cut down on the nutmeg. Made for 123 HITS Tag