This is a very easy recipe for pumpkin pie that was voted the BEST by our Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie connoisseurs! It is tried and true, and a favourite in our family.
- 1 egg
- 14 ounces pumpkin pie filling (no spices added)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 11 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells (store bought or see Classic Pie Crust #26205 by Mean Chef)
- Beat egg lightly.
- Add and mix next 8 ingredients in order given.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Sprinkle top with more cinnamon if desired.
- Bake on bottom shelf in 450° oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350° and bake about 30 min or until inserted knife comes out clean.
- Serve with whipped cream.