Recipe by cybernetmame
This recipe is similar to others but not the same. It is so moist and gets rave reviews and be sure to take copie of the recipe when you take it to an event.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) boxmoist deluxe yellow cake mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup melted butter or 1 cup melted margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray pam on bottom of 13 X 9 cake pan.
- In large bowl mix pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, pie spice, and salt. Beat with mixer until well blended. Pour into pan.
- Sprinkle Dry Cake Mix evenly over mixture. Top with chopped nuts spread all over top.
- Then sprinkle the melted butter or marjarine all over the nuts.
- Pop into preheated ove for 50 to 55 minutes. (done when knife in middle comes out clean) You may have to cover edges with foil if they are browning too fast. Cool-cut-serve with whip cream or cool whip.
- I like it warm.
- Also, have tripled this recipe and froze prior to Thanksgiving and it remain great. So this can be a make ahead dessert. Refrigerate leftovers if there are any.
- ENJOY! THIS RECIPE IS A KEEPER!