Recipe by nnreq
This recipe combines the sweet spices of pumpkin pie with the caramel crunch of cracker jack. from Family Fun Magazine, September 2002 issue
Top Review by Cascole
Simply excellent! Very easy & so yummy. I typically make spicy seeds, but decided to try something different. Glad I did! I'll be making this again in a couple of weeks to share at the office. I did not have pumpkin pie spice so used cinamon, cloves & ginger - I also used peanut oil in place of the vegetable oil, as that was what I had on hand.
- 236.59 ml pumpkin seeds, rinsed and dried
- 2.46 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 1.23 ml salt
- 29.57 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- spread the pumpkin seeds in a single layer on a large baking sheet and roast them in a 250 degree oven for 45 minutes or until the seeds are completely dry and lightly browned (large seeds may take longer).
- In a large bowl, stir together the pumpkin pie spice, the salt and 2 teaspoons of the sugar and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stisk skillet over medium-high heat,.
- Add the seeds and the rest of the sugar to the skillet, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until the sugar melts, about 45 seconds.
- Scrape the seeds into the pumpkin pie spice mixture and stir to coat.
- Allow the seeds to cool before eating and store in an airtight container.