This recipe combines the sweet spices of pumpkin pie with the caramel crunch of cracker jack. from Family Fun Magazine, September 2002 issue
- spread the pumpkin seeds in a single layer on a large baking sheet and roast them in a 250 degree oven for 45 minutes or until the seeds are completely dry and lightly browned (large seeds may take longer).
- In a large bowl, stir together the pumpkin pie spice, the salt and 2 teaspoons of the sugar and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stisk skillet over medium-high heat,.
- Add the seeds and the rest of the sugar to the skillet, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until the sugar melts, about 45 seconds.
- Scrape the seeds into the pumpkin pie spice mixture and stir to coat.
- Allow the seeds to cool before eating and store in an airtight container.