Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is based off of http://greatist.com/health/superfood-pumpkin, but I changed it for myself. I'm saving it here so I remember what I did. The greek yogurt gives it a slight tang. I would imagine using vanilla greek yogurt would make it more of a traditional pie flavor. You can use up to 1 1/2 cups milk. I like to soak the chia seeds in water for about10 minutes, but that's up to you. It's around 233 calories, 24 g protein, 8.1 total fat (1.3 is saturated), 7 g sugars, and 10 g fiber
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin puree (fresh or canned)
- 1⁄4 cup fat free Greek yogurt (I use plain, you could use vanilla or low fat if you wish)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use a 100 calorie powder)
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 dash vanilla extract
- artificial sweetener, of your choice (I used 1/2 packet of Stevia)
- 6 ice cubes
- 1. Measure all ingredients into blender.
- 2. Blend until smooth.
- 3. Adjust liquid/ice cubes to give desired thickness.