Nikki Kate's Note:
I watched Emeril making these on his show. They are so delicious, everyone loves them. Note needs to chill 1 hour plus 15 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, plus
- 1 cup brown sugar
- whipped cream, for serving (optional)
- ground nutmeg, for serving (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Sift flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt together twice.
- 3Cream butter and sugar in a stand mixer until light and fluffy. Combine egg, vanilla and almond extract and add to creamed mixture. Mix on medium speed until combined.
- 4Add sifted ingredients and mix only until combined; dough should be stiff.
- 5Roll dough out between 2 sheets of parchment paper to a 12 by 9-inch rectangle, using 1 long sheet of parchment paper that is folded in half. Make sure that you roll out the dough evenly. Cut the edges off neatly with a bench scraper to even them. Place dough in the freezer until firm, about 15 minutes.
- 6Mix together the canned pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and 1/4 cup brown sugar for filling.
- 7Remove dough from freezer and peel back the top parchment paper.
- 8Thinly spread the pumpkin filling evenly over the dough. Don't spread too thickly; you should still be able to see the dough through the pumpkin slightly. If you don't use all of the filling, it is okay.
- 9Starting at 1 end, roll up the ends in the same manner as a cake roll. Make sure that you keep it tight and even. If the dough cracks slightly, simply rub it together with your fingers. Wrap the roll in the parchment paper, seam side down, and place back in the freezer until firm, about 1 hour.
- 10Slice cookies 1/4-inch thick and place onto a cookie sheet at least 1-inch apart. Sprinkle brown sugar on the tops of the cookies and rub it in with your fingers.
- 11Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, just until the edges are turning brown.
- 12Serve cookies on a platter with a small bowl of whipped cream and nutmeg so that guests can make pumpkin pie pinwheel sandwiches. This makes it taste even more like pumpkin pie!
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Pie Pinwheel Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 35
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.6
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 19.9 mg
- Sodium 78.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 1.0 g