pink cook's Note:
A delicious Holiday dessert served in attractive glasses to attract everyone's eyes. Recipe adapted from Food Network Magazine. Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 13 gingersnaps (or use chocolate wafers or graham crackers)
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 118.29 ml confectioners' sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
- 118.29 ml pumpkin puree, canned
- 12.32 ml Bourbon (or use Rum)
- 4.92 ml pumpkin pie spice, grounded
- 118.29 ml white chocolate chips
- 473.18 ml heavy cream, chilled (or use fat-free cool whip)
- 1Put 7 cookies in a zip-lock plastic bag and crush into crumbs with a heavy pan.
- 2Brush the bottoms and about 1 inch up the sides of 6 parfait glasses (or use wine goblets) with the butter.
- 3Add a spoonful of crumbs to each and roll them around the insides of the glasses; pour out the excess crumbs and reserve for topping and refrigerate the prepared glasses.
- 4Place 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, the pumpkin puree, 1-1/2 teaspoons of the bourbon (or Rum) and the ground pumpkin pie spices in a food processor. Pulse until smooth, about 1 minute.
- 5Place the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave at medium power about 1 minute, stirring halfway until melted.
- 6Add to the pumpkin mixture and process until combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 7Beat 1-1/2 cups chilled heavy cream in a bowl with a mixer until soft peaks form; fold into the pumpkin mixture until smooth.
- 8Divide among the prepared glasses and refrigerate until ready to serve. Beat the remaining 1/2 cup cream with a mixer until foamy. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar and 1 teaspoon bourbon and beat until soft peaks form.
- 9Top the parfaits with the whipped cream and the reserved cookie crumbs and the remaining 6 cookies.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Pie Parfaits
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.3
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 22.6 g
- Cholesterol 115.7 mg
- Sodium 142.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 21.4 g
- Protein 3.4 g