Recipe by ChefCrittersMom
Haven't tried them but the sound yummy. Personally, I'd use butter on the griddle rather than vegetable oil, and I'd top with some whipped cream. :)
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 3⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg or 3⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the white flour, whole wheat flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin, buttermilk, sour cream, butter, sugar and spices.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Heat a nonstick griddle over low heat with a bit of vegetable oil. Spoon heaping tablespoons of btter onto the griddle and cook on one side for 1 to 2 mnutes, then turn and cook on the other side until brown.
- Serve drizzled with pancake syrup or sprinkled with confectioners' sugar.