Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Haven't tried them but the sound yummy. Personally, I'd use butter on the griddle rather than vegetable oil, and I'd top with some whipped cream. :)
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 3⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg or 3⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, combine the white flour, whole wheat flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin, buttermilk, sour cream, butter, sugar and spices.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Heat a nonstick griddle over low heat with a bit of vegetable oil. Spoon heaping tablespoons of btter onto the griddle and cook on one side for 1 to 2 mnutes, then turn and cook on the other side until brown.
- Serve drizzled with pancake syrup or sprinkled with confectioners' sugar.