Recipe by Sierra Silver
A personal favorite of mine to make on a chilly autumn day. They really have a nice pumpkin taste, and it uses a whole can of pumpkin, which makes it perfect for freezing.
Top Review by rainbow.rubatino
everyone loved it! They were standing around the griddle for the next batch to be done! I thought there was a little too much nutmeg (that's all I could taste) but otherwise, we're making this a regular. We didn't put butter or syrup on, just whipped cream. Delicious!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt until thoroughly combined.
- In second bowl, whisk together pumpkin, milk, sugar, vanilla and oil until thoroughly combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry, and mix just until integrated. (leaving a few lumps is a good idea).
- Pour batter by 1/4 cup onto a griddle at low-medium heat, and let cook three minutes or until edges are set.
- Flip, and allow to cook for two more minutes.